SQUATS - BASE BODY BABES TOP TIPS
We love squatting!
Squatting variations are among our very favourite exercises and we base our programs around them. It's more than just a leg exercise, it works almost every muscle in our body. It's probably the most demanding of all resistance exercises and the most rewarding.
When performed with the correct technique, we know you can get so much out of them too, so here are 5 technique pointers that will help you perfect your barbell back squat and start seeing some great gains from your training
1. Grabbing the barbell with your hands, place the barbell on the muscles on your upper back (trapezius) and squeeze the shoulder blades together to engage the muscles of your upper back so the bar is secure.
2. Stand with your feet slightly wider than your shoulders and toes pointing slightly outwards, the feet must remain flat on the floor throughout the entire movement.
3. Keep your chest up and look straight ahead.
4. Squat as deep as your body will allow while still maintaining a neutral spine and perfect posture.
5. Stand back up and repeat the movement again.
Tip: If it is difficult to maintain correct posture and squat to full depth (below parallel), elevate your heels with a 1 inch block of some sort or some small weights plates.
Happy Squatting Babes!!!